Pros and Cons of Robotic Vacuums
Life is busy and having a robotic vacuum to constantly keep your floors clean for you is very appealing. Who doesn’t want a weekly chore removed from their to do list and to free up time for other things? Robotic vacuums cost much more than the traditional push vacuum, so is it really worth the price and do they truly get the job done?
Pros of Having a Robotic Vacuum
- Owners manual explains easy set up for scheduling
- The machine does not need to be monitored after programming/set up
- There is no pushing buttons or turning it on it will begin scheduled cleaning on its own
- You can program the vacuum to clean everyday leaving you with very clean floors
- Newer models can now navigate and clean in corners
- They are small and can fit into tight spaces and even clean under objects like the sofa
- Higher quality ones can be as powerful as a large vacuum
- Price can lead some to purchase a less expensive traditional vacuum
- Some do not like that robotic vacuums do not work in a pattern
- A robotic vacuum can take longer to clean a floor than doing it with a push vacuum because of the random cleaning pattern
- They have a smaller dust bin/compartment so they need to be emptied more frequently
- It can be a problem if the vacuum becomes full and is cleaning when you are not home
- The battery on some machines only lasts about two hours
- The vacuum can be in the middle of cleaning and need to return to the charging station
- The vacuum, though small, can get stuck and use a lot of battery life trying to dislodge itself
- Large debris should be picked up by hand, it can become lodged in the smaller machine
There are many great vacuums on the market both traditional uprights and robotic. The vacuum you chose depends on the budget you want to spend and if you could use a helping hand to keep your home clean with minimal time. It is good to do your research before making any big purchase. Vacuuming is the best thing you can do to keep your carpets in their best shape.
For more information on carpet, tile, and upholstery care please feel free to browse our blog. For the best professional carpet cleaning services in the North Seattle and Snohomish County area please contact us anytime or make an appointment online, Its easy!