Hairspray is awesome for keeping your hair in place when you have taken the time to get it just right, what it not so awesome is the way that hairspray also lands on the surfaces all around you when you are spraying it.
When hairspray lands on a surface and dries, it can be difficult to clean up the residue that looks like millions of tiny clear and shiny dots. It can be especially difficult to remove hairspray from tile and grout. There is a way to remove hairspray from your tile and grout that is effective and won’t have you frustrated or using a ton of elbow grease and it is very similar to the way you would remove hairspray from your hair.
How To Remove Hairspray From Tile and Grout
- Pour regular shampoo onto the area of tile and grout coated in hairspray. It can be a cheap brand of shampoo it does not need to be the good stuff you use on your hair. If you are attempting to clean tile on a wall you can apply the shampoo with a plastic spatula.
- Leave the shampoo on the tile and grout for around 25 minutes to work its magic on the hairspray residue.
- After 25 minutes is up grab a sponge soak it in warm water and wring it out just slightly. Use the sponge full of warm water to work the shampoo into a lather.
- When the shampoo is nice and sudsy, run the hard bristle toothbrush under warm water and gently scrub the tile and grout. The toothbrush will aid in getting into the tiny areas of grout that the sponge was not able to reach.
- Rinse all of the shampoo from the sponge until the water coming out of the sponge is completely clear. Use the clean sponge with only water to rinse all of the shampoo from the tile and grout. This will take a few rounds of rinsing the sponge and then applying more clean water. Do this until all of the shampoo has been rinsed away from the tile and grout.
- When the tile and grout are completely soap-free grab a towel and soak up all excess water from the area that you just cleaned.
This should do the trick to get the hairspray residue off of your tile and grout. If some remains simply repeat the steps again until you no longer see any hairspray residue.
For tile and grout cleaning in Northgate and surrounding areas make an appointment online or over the phone with All Kleen.