The bathroom is one of the most important and busiest rooms in your home. A clean bathroom is a much-needed component to a healthy and sanitary home. Keeping the bathroom in ship shape doesn’t have to take a large amount of time. Put a little elbow grease in on a regular basis and you can have your bathroom clean in as little as 15 minutes with the following steps:
- Get your arsenal ready for germ battle. Some things that come in handy when tackling the bathroom include rubber gloves, scrub brush, abrasive pads, paper towels, sponges, natural stone cleaner if you have stone surfaces, cleaner with vinegar, or a cleaner with bleach and another all-purpose cleaner and a glass cleaner. We recommend using vinegar it is safer for all family members and it can be used on almost any surface even glass. You can mix a simple and cost effective green bathroom cleaner using just white vinegar and water in equal parts. The smell may be less than fun while cleaning, but once the vinegar is dry the smell will be gone leaving you with a clean naturally germ-free space.
- Begin with the tub and shower. Spray them down with the vinegar solution or an all-purpose cleaner and let it sit for a few minutes breaking down grime while you move on to another area. If you have a stone tub surround use cleaner made specifically for natural stone or mix some mild dish soap and water.
- Next, its time to scrub the toilet. Pour vinegar or bleach into the bowl and grab the scrub brush. You can also wipe down the seat and outside surfaces with more vinegar solution or the all purpose cleaner. Flush the toilet and you are ready to move on to the next task.
- Time to move back to the tub and shower. Rinse the cleaner with warm water and scrub at any dirt that is not rinsing away. For added cleaning bonus props be proactive and clean the drain even if it isn’t running slow. Poor half a cup of baking soda followed by half a cup of vinegar an let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with hot water. Keeping drains clean helps to prevent them from becoming clogged later.
- Put products hanging out on the counter back in their place and wipe down with vinegar or all purpose cleaner, then wipe down the sink. If you have a natural stone counter use the soap solution or stains cleaner.
- Next, clean the mirror with your vinegar solution or a glass cleaner.
- Turn your attention to the floor. The cleaning method for your floor will depend on the material of the floor. If you have tile, mopping with the vinegar solution will suffice. Stone flooring will need to be cleaned with the soap mixture. To keep your floors in their best shape have your tile/stone professionally cleaned at least once a year.
- Now that you are all done it is time to grab the trash and take it out to the larger can.
That’s it! All done. Your bathroom is clean and germs-free for now and you can go on to enjoying your day.
Let All Kleen get that tile or stone sparkling like new. Make an appointment online today.