Who doesn’t love making cleaning easier and healthier for your home? Using green cleaning solutions is not only better for the environment, but it is also healthier for your home and the people living in it. An added bonus: homemade cleaning solutions tend to be cheaper than their store-bought counterparts.
Check out this homemade hard surface floor cleaner that is safe to use on all hard surface floor types including hardwood, laminate, tile, and vinyl. That’s right no more lugging around multiple cleaners/mops/mop heads for different types of flooring all through the house! Just make a batch of this cleaner and you are ready to go clean all the hard surface floors in the house. Even better is it is super easy to make and there is no need to rinse it away to prevent residue attracting more dirt and grime!
- Glass bottle at least 24 ounces in size
- Distilled water or tap water that has been boiled and then cooled to room temperature
- Unscented Liquid Castile Soap
- Your Favorite Essential Oils- we recommend pine and cypress oils or any citrus oils such as orange, lemon, and grapefruit oils
Directions for Making No-Rinse Hard Surface Floor Cleaner
- Grab your glass bottle and make sure it is clean
- Add two cups of distilled or boiled and cooled tap water to the bottle
- Add one cup of the unscented liquid castile soap
- Add 50 drops of pine essential oil and 30 drops of cypress essential oil for a hard-working natural and safe floor cleaner. If you are not a fan of pine scent you can opt for a citrus scent by using the other oils listed above in the supplies list. Or you can just add whatever favorite oil you like. We prefer the pine and cypress because they add a little more oompf to the cleaning power.
- Gently mix all ingredients together
- Don’t forget to label your bottle however you see fit so you know what it is for later use
- Now you are ready to clean your hard surface floors!
Using the Cleaner on Your Floors
The recipe makes three cups of cleaner and should be enough to clean your floors about 24 times.
- For a mop and bucket method: add 2 tablespoons of cleaner to a gallon of warm water. Add the water first to avoid an overly sudsy cleaner. Mix the cleaner and you are ready to dunk the mop in and get cleaning.
- For a spray and dry mop method: add a small amount of cleaner to a spray bottle and fill slowly with water to avoid suds. Gently shake or swirl in spray bottle to mix, then spritz on floors and wipe down with a dry mop.
For more great floor care tips please feel free to check out our website. For the best professional hard surface floor cleaning in Mukilteo and surrounding areas make an appointment online or over the phone with All Kleen. We serve Snohomish and North King Counties.