Memorial Day in addition to remembering those who gave all for our freedom, also brings friends and family together to enjoy a meal usually a barbeque. The combination of many people in your home and a number of delicious dishes is bound to lead to a spill or two.
A dropped hamburger or hot dog on your furniture can leave behind an unsightly grease stain. Grease can seem difficult to remove if you don’t know the right products to use to remove it.
You Will Need:
Talc or cornstarch
Hand dishwashing soap
Clean white cloth or paper towel
- Start by sprinkling a small, but a generous amount of talc or cornstarch onto the grease stain to absorb as much grease out of the fabric as possible. Let the powder sit for 15 minutes to a couple of hours. Once you feel the talc or starch has had plenty of time to soak up the grease vacuum it away.
- Next mix up your cleaning solution. Use ¼ teaspoon of liquid hand dishwashing soap and a cup of warm water and mix together in your bowl or container. You can also use white vinegar and water if you do not have dish soap on hand just mix 1/3 cup of vinegar to 2/3 cup of water.
- If you have never used dish soap (or vinegar) to spot treat a stain on your upholstered furniture you will want to test it on an unseen area first to ensure it does not damage your furniture.
- Dip a clean white cloth or plain paper towel into your cleaning solution and ring out excess. Gently blot the stain starting from the outside in toward the center.
- Once the spot has lifted or is no longer lifting rinse clean with water.
- If there is some stain left behind, try applying some orange de-greaser spray. Dilute the spray with water and use sparingly. Once the stain is gone be sure to rinse the cleaner from the upholstery with a small amount of water.
To ensure success with your stain removal you will want to treat the stain as soon as possible. If after all of your spot treatment efforts, you still have a grease stain it is a great time to call in a professional upholstery cleaner.
For professional upholstery cleaning in Lynwood and surrounding areas make an appointment online or over the phone with All Kleen.