Turmeric, it’s a super spice and has become very popular in the world of healthy cooking. Turmeric is great for many reasons, but what is not so great about it is that it stains many things it comes in contact with.
If you are unable to remove your turmeric stain, don’t think that you have been defeated and the stain is hopeless. You can call up a professional cleaner and they may be able to help. All Kleen has a team of trained and skilled professional cleaners with plenty of stain fighting knowledge and treatment tricks ready to go to tackle the toughest of stains. We help people in Lynnwood get out tough stains quite often. If you need stain removal services in Lynnwood or a surrounding area please contact us or make an appointment with us online.
If you have every used turmeric chances are you have turned something yellow whether your hands, your counters, your dishtowels, or even your carpet. Read on to learn about dealing with turmeric stains on different surfaces.
Turmeric Stains on Carpet
This can turn into a permanent stain you will want to act quickly with spot treatment as soon as it happens.
- Grab a clean white cloth or paper towel and gently blot the stain. Use extreme caution here and do not rub as it will spread to a larger area. If the turmeric is still in the powdered form use a lightly damp, almost dry, towel.
- Apply a solution of water and a few drops of dish soap to the area with a new clean cloth or towel. Continue to repeat blotting with new clean areas of the towel or cloth until all of the turmeric has lifted.
- If the soap solution is not effectively removing all of the stain try using a bit of hydrogen peroxide ( test a small area of unseen carpet first as hydrogen peroxide can act as a bleaching agent and may remove the dye from your carpet). Mix in a 1 to 9 ratio with water in a spray bottle and spray the area lightly. Allow to sit for several minutes to a few hours. Follow with some more dish liquid and water and then rinse clean.
Turmeric on Counter
IT is not uncommon to spill a little Turmeric on the kitchen counter while cooking. For counters that are not natural stone, you can attack the stain with some baking soda and vinegar. Make a thick paste from the two and apply it right to the stain.
Let it sit and do some work for several minutes and then gently scrub away. For stone counters, try mixing the baking soda with plain water instead of vinegar.
Turmeric on Furniture
No need to fret over spilled curry on the sofa during movie night, just use some dish soap.
- Start by gently scraping up as much of the spill from the fabric as possible with a spoon.
- Mix a few drops of hand dishwashing soap and water then blot onto the area with a clean white cloth or plain paper towel. Continue to blot with new areas of clean cloth or towel until stain no longer lifts away or has been completely removed.
- Rinse away soap with a clean cloth or towel dampened with water.
- If there is some stain remaining repeat the process adding some vinegar to the soap solution and let sit for a few minutes.
- Don’t forget to rinse the soap solution when finished.
Sometimes tough stains require some professional help despite our best efforts. If you have a stubborn turmeric stain that will not come clean consider giving us a call. We have helped several homeowners in Lynnwood and surrounding areas to remove tough stains from carpet, upholstery, and natural stone. For more information on your stain removal services give us a call. To make an appointment for stain removal in Lynnwood and surrounding areas you can do so from our website or by giving us a call.
If you have a tough stain that just won’t go away it is a good idea to call in a professional cleaner. All Kleen has a team of trained professionals knowledgeable in tough stain removal. We offer professional deep cleaning in Mountlake Terrace and surrounding areas. Make an appointment online or over the phone today.